Tuesday, December 07, 2004

to wake up to reality

My first day of sem started with me scuttling from task to task right from the morning. I rushed to the bank to transfer the $150 I owed Ed..then I rushed to Peninsula to change my tee and check if the new stock came (to my disappointment, was delayed due to rain), then zipped back to school to meet the BPC for lunch, to make it in time for our first journalism feature writing lecture and then played a little basketball in the rain after that. From there, I thought I was running late to meet Adrian at TM for dinner, I scrambled to Yoshi to find him not there yet. We had a quick dinner with Nessa and of course, Nessa didn't believe he was only 16. (hah. still can't believe that people mistook this 16 year old boy for a father of two.) We left quickly after dinner for my last task of the day, Strikeforce training.
I was a little dreading practice man, cos I couldn't get the moves at all the night before. My brain and eyes were literally falling as my body kept up with the beat to perform the sequence. It felt really weird to have your eyelids closing and head bopping to slumber while your body is practising such forceful movements. Nevertheless, I learnt all the moves by last night. I woke up with aches in neck thighs and arms...wow..I feel so EXERCISED.
The holidays ended so quickly..and yet it was the most fulfilling vacation I ever had. I don't recall having any day wasted. I was so busy and every moment so meaningful, I thought it was the real life I am living for. I realised it wasn't. THERE IS SCHOOL and projects and a career to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!!! darn. reality. I need to reorganise my priorities. The year is ending. Many things I looked forward to at the beginning of the year, would have to be left behind I guess. It should be a new start...sigh.
Aloysius is in Lianhe Zaobao and Straits Timestoday!!! WoooHoo. Together with his band, they are featured in the front page for zaobao for the Speak Mandrin campaign. hahaha... Its darn cool. They are performing for this Speak Mandarin campaign on 13 dec I think. Hoho. Now I can point to his face in the papers and go..Hey! He's my neighbour! haha. He asked me if I wanted to go watch the gig.. but I'm not free la..Not my type of music.. but it would be really interesting to see their blend of rock, metal, rap and hip hop.
They made it far because of their uniqueness in sound and language. It brought them even to HongKong to perform alongside the LazyMuthaFu****s. Still. I can't appreciate the music. haha.. Nevertheless they are talented musicians that write songs and skillful on their instruments. Haha.. In the Lianhe Zaobao article, the rapper from CPJ said that their vocab for chinese is limited, so they would always consult the dictionary when writing lyrics. Can't imagine how that is done man.
I feel fortunate that my Mandarin is above average, at least I can take pride to say that I can write in Chinese with a certain standard that most people can't. Oh not to forget! I have written an article for my school's paper, the STOPress...and it would be out really soon! And it is in Chinese. Can't waitttttt.

No comments: