Saturday, December 25, 2004

Reminiscent

Re-recorded the song I came up with. I wonder if the guitars and drums are ever gonna be added to it.

Was packing my room, chanced upon my organiser for 2003. Yeah, you should be wondering why on earth would I still be keeping it, it's already going to be 2005 for goodness sake. yeahhhh. It's not even one of those fanciful diaries you spend a bomb at Kino or Prints. It's just an old ringbinded notebook you get for, say $2.40, at your friendly neighbourhood bookshop. And it has loads of graffiti on it with scraps of magazines of assorted pictures of bands and crap pasted on the covers..I flipped through it. It made me feel like secondary school was so long ago. Though I felt that this year went past quickly. In it were the notes and tasks I had to do... and the many poems I wrote during my angst of times. The many lyrics of songs that mirrored my mood. A class contact list pasted in it. A diary entry written at my most poignant moments on the last page as food for thought. There were many pieces of paper that were kept between the pages of the book. My designs of logos and graphics. (I probably stiill am the only one who appreciates them.) A note which the class girls wrote and drew for me on a piece of polyclinic receipt when I was feeling really depressed and isolated myself. (I wonder if they still remember it?) A piece of song lyric Bernie wrote for MD. In it she says, "Julia - 4 you - use it when MD comes out for real!" Well. I guess this piece would lie in peace forever between the pages for year 2003 August 11th week and 18th week then.

I had so much time to make this organiser precious and valuable. Well. We were young. No wonder flipping through the pages make me feel like secondary school was distant. Things are so different. Let's embrace the future.

No comments: