Saturday, December 04, 2004

I'm still waiting.

Am I still not doing anything? I should not place my destiny in the hands of others, that I know.

And thank God, after much praying and after I took the step of faith to give a $20 dollar offering despite the fact I knew I would have to go without money for the next few days, I took another step of faith to break news to my parents that I actually bought my drumset months ago. I was prepared for a massive verbal skirmish between me and my parents should they find out that I spent on that wretched drumset, that hateful little noisy thing that their daughter has been spending so much time and money on, going for extravagant lessons that will bring her nothing but merely the artful skill of creating noise.

But I had no choice, other than to be a humble pie and entrust this in the hands of God. I prayed very hard and asked God to bring me out of this. After sometime, it felt impossible that I could bring my kit back home at all. Then that weekend, I felt led by the Spirit to lift it all up through my action. By that, I gave my best for offering through faith. I want God to know how much this means to me, and at the same time I know as a trust Him, He would bring me out of the situation.

Just two days later, I walked into the kitchen where my parents were chatting in the dining room. My heart stirrred. Should I ask or not, should I, shouldn't I should I shouldn't I should I? Aiyah. Heck la. Just ask.
"Mom, can I bring my drumset home?" "har..? what kind of drums? You mean those type play with band one?"
Woah. Praise God. To my surprise, she didn't shout or scream at me or scolded me for buying a set without her knowing! I was thrilled man! As I walked away, I was filled with praises and thanksgiving to God. I mean like, it is a miracle!! Cos...my family is not doing well financially, and her main concern me spending money without serious consideration, not to mention the fact that there were various insidents she scolded me to tears prior to me going for drum lessons. Wow. Later I found out that, it was a God-sent moment when I asked them for permission, because my Dad had just struck 4D the day before and he was going to collect the prize money when I asked about the drums. The Lord is good and amazing!


As I sowed, I reaped. Though I only prayed for my drums to be moved back home, he knew the needs of my life financially too. Wow.

Oh well. but now, I'm still waiting for my set to be moved home. For the past few days, I have packed, relocated the furniture in my room and gave it a good cleaning to welcome my baby. But when is it coming in?? Ed is so busy.. I need his help to move it back. I can't wait man. Gotta settle this all before the new term starts next week.

No comments: