Friday, October 06, 2006

1 Oct 2006 - A wonderful day











Those pics were taken at Mediacorp last Sunday. We were there as guest performers for Channel 8's "It's Showtime!", which was hosted by Zhong Qing and Guo Liang. While we were backstage, Zhong Qing walked past and I asked Neo, "You remember her?"

He went, "Yeah of course! Fang tian.." I was like, "Huh, who's fang tian?"

Then I realised he was referring to 'fang4 dian4' (to give electricity) in Chinese.

I was so tickled, because Neo, being South African, didn't remember Kym Ng as Kym Ng, but as the celebrity who 'fang dian'..

What happened was, some months ago, we were performing for the NTUC Union May Day Dinner and Kym Ng was the compere.
While we were having our long break, the group of us immediately chorused "Fang Dian!" to Robin when Kym Ng walked past.
Kym Ng responded to our attempt to jisiao Robin. She turned her neck around and battered her eyelids at us. I swear, at that moment, even I was charmed by her sparkly eyes.


Anyway, the gig was a great experience for me.
I thank God for the chance to try so many new things, from the rack, to crosshands etc. The last time I did those two, I screwed up real bad. And I told myself I wanted to be ready for rack and crosshand the next time we perform, but I never knew it would be so soon! But thank God for the anointing for this performance (and many more to come!)


We had a powerful service last Sunday as well.
Even before preaching started, during worship, tears were just flooding my face. (Thank God I didn't put makeup that day)
As we sang, the Lord renewed me with his strength, affirmed me with His words. It was like Him telling me that He has seen my hard work, that He is pleased because I have given Him my youth and laid down my life for Him. I was so touched, because I've been so stretched especially this internship period. The tears just couldn't stop flowing..

The past six months has really been the toughest yet best time of my life..
Shall talk more about this in my next post...

No comments: