Tuesday, September 26, 2006

the pain opened my eyes

Incident on 23 Sep 06, ard 230am.

It's been a long day, a long week
I stretched my body, snuggled warm in bed
time for rest, i fell, to appease my lethargy
as I barely caught that forty winks
a sharp pain came from inside of me
Sullen, I scrambled to the WC

A false alarm for diarrhoea it turned out
I barged back to my blankets half drowsy half grumpy
To my exasperation, the pain would not cease

In the midst of it, it appears a creepy crawlie got me
I itched and twitched and couldn't stop scratching
To the WC again, I washed the itch
Now the pain was gone, but the itch wouldn't cease!

Infuriated, I took a deep breath
I found my breath accompanied with an asthmatic wheeze
My nostrils were congested
My ears were burning
My heart raced

I paced calmly to the mirror
Propagating around my eyes were rashes resembling insect bites

I looked at my arms and legs
The outbreak of rashes was all over me

I need the doctor
I need prayers
I need to cry
I need GOD!!!!!

I prayed, without a voice, just wheezes

"Was I going to die?"
"Is it a terminal disease?"
"Is this the end of the many things I have to do?"
"How am I going to turn up for the photoshoot tomorrow?"
"Does this mean I can't go back to work on Monday?"
"Does this mean I can't perform?"

ARGH.

I called my leader at 240am
He answered, in a drowsy fashion
He prayed for me and asked me to wake my parents.

I did.

To CGH I went.
2 jabs was what they gave me
I slept, while my mother stayed awake
After a 2 hour nap, I was awakened by the freezing coldness

the rash was gone
the asthmatic wheeze was gone
the burning sensation was gone
the pain was gone

the nurse, without a wink said,
"Miracle ah. Ok can go home."

I couldn't wait to get home.


The question remains
What resulted in this crazy episode
Which got me annoyed and fearful
Which made me learn to be more careful
Which taught me to love the people around me,
for God has made them so wonderful

_______________________________________________________________

This was what happened to me.
I was freaked out like nothing.
I wanna thank Jimmy for answering my call and praying for me though he was asleep, thank Jennifer for calming me down, thank my mom for going to the hospital with me. AND my Strikeforce friends who visited me!

I was so touched and shocked to see you guys --
Shona, Benedict, Reid, Ian, Sharlyn, Jennifer, Suat, Alvin, Kangwei, Queelam..!
I hope I didn't miss out anybody.

It was quite saddening I couldn't make it for the photoshoot, but nonetheless, it warms my heart to be in this family.

We're not just a percussion group
We're not just ministry mates
We're not just a bunch of people with similar interests
We're committed to a common vision
Bound together by the love of Christ
Working towards a higher calling
We're one family
One Band
One Sound
StrikeForce

No comments: