Friday, October 13, 2006

When you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn.

No storm can put out this fire


All of us were really in the same flow at last night's CGM.

The few of us who shared testimony - it was all about how God placed His purpose in our lives
Little did we know, the sermon for this week was "Building a life of Purpose"!


On Jimmy's closing for the message, he said that Passion can influence others.
He also mentioned this quote:

"When you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn. " John Wesley

Wow.

SERIOUSLY, I never considered myself passionate about drumming until recently, when my boss at Shell introduced me as "passionate about drumming" to some externals we were meeting.

And this leads me to how astounded I am, when I look back upon my six months at Shell.

I've been saying this...but I can't help but say it again.

This past six months has been the toughest, albeit the best time of my life.


I remember when this internship started, I was so depressed. I couldn't find a purpose. And I couldn't stop counting down, the more I counted, the more depressed I got.
I was also very tired due to the long weekend trainings for National Day, on top of that, frequent late night practices for corporate gigs. I had little rest.

However, this has also been the best period of my life, because everything that I lived upon was based on faith.


Getting permission to leave work early for rehearsals/gigs
Getting permission to take one week break for KL Emerge Conference
Getting permission from my mom to go KL (despite her initial threats and anger, I believed something happened when she told me to "be careful when you go KL")
Having financial provision for the KL trip
Having His joy and strength at work despite lack of sleep
Having His creativity and positivity to take on the roles I never thought I could at Shell
Having His anointing and skill to play various roles which I thought I couldn't when performing with Strikeforce


It is simply amazing.

I thank Him for the favour He has placed in my life, the favour from my boss and colleagues.
I thank Him because though I have been stretched, He has also used me to impact hundreds and thousands of people through the performances He has sent me to.


All glory to the Lord!

No comments: