Monday, October 23, 2006

STUCKITITIS

I struggled, this morning.

I wondered, what it would be like to carry on the day, when it started badly.

I needed, some form of encouragement.

I opened, this book

Before my eyes, the words I read shocked me.

"Chapter 2: LOVING THE PEOPLE YOU ARE STUCK WITH - a forgiving heart"


I couldn't believe it.
I was just having an overheated discussion with my mom.
Helpless, hopeless after that

The past haunted me
A stumbling block
I stumbled over and over again


When I opened the book, I knew God was here
In the midst of the argument, when I forgot His presence


I'm suffering from STUCKITITIS
my definition: this is a condition which one is feeling frustrated because he/she is stuck in a relationship which he/she has no choice but to stay in it, and has to accept and love the other party no matter what
This applies to the following situations:

The desperate housewife and her non-communicator husband
The burnt-out husband and his non-understanding nagging wife
The flustered mom and her rebellious kid
The depressed kid and his even more depressed mom
The excited kid who has lost interest in his pet


The book says:
"SUCH ARE THE QUESTIONS WE ASK WHEN WE FEEL STUCK WITH SOMEONE. THERE IS A WORD FOR THIS CONDITION. UPON CONSULTING THE ONE-WORD MEDICAL DICTIONARY (WHICH I WROTE THE DAY BEFORE I CRAFTED THIS CHAPTER), I DISCOVERED THAT THIS CONDITION IS A COMMON MALADY KNOWN AS STUCKITITIS. (STUCK MEANING “TRAPPED.” ITITIS BEING THE SIX LETTERS YOU TAG ON TO ANY WORD YOU WANT TO SOUND IMPRESSIVE. READ IT OUT LOUD: STUCKITITIS.) MAX’S MANUAL OF MEDICAL TERMS HAS THIS TO SAY ABOUT THE CONDITION:

Attacks of stuckititis are limited to people who breathe and typically occur somewhere between birth and death. Stuckititis manifests itself in irritability, short fuses, and a mountain range of molehills. The common symptom of stuckititis victims is the repetition of questions beginning with who, what, and why. Who is this person? What was I thinking?
Why didn’t I listen to my mother?"

There are 3 ways to cope with STUCKITITIS:

FLEE
FIGHT
or
FORGIVE


Because I wasn't given the chance to, I couldn't flee.
I fought. and fought. and fought.
I thought I forgave.
But I was fighting to forgive.

I'm stuck, but with His grace I can overcome this.

Just like the way Jesus loved us,
even though we are filthy irritating childish naughty

His mercy has taught us to forgive.



read the entire chapter of the book mentioned here.

No comments: