Friday, October 13, 2006

No storm can put out this fire

It's Friday the 13th.
I lost my one and a half month old wallet.
I'm sad. It's a new Roxy wallet I bought from KL.

I have to move on, oh well.

I was so bothered.. Loss results in loss of hope.
It hinders your motivation in moving forward.

Losing my wallet means I cannot go ahead with my plans normally
Distracting me from doing my report
Having to set aside all other tasks to report loss to the various authorities

My head was brimming with negative thoughts and questions
My heart was searching for the reasons - "How did this happen?" "Why did God allow this to happen?" "I should have withheld myself from hanging out last night when there were second thoughts in the first place." "Shitty me, so careless."
"This is just an act of the devil to distract me from moving on."

I was struggling inside.
How could I still praise God in this situation? (The tune "Praise You in the Storm by Casting Crowns played in my head.)
I can't find a reason to..

Opening my bible, Romans 5:3-5 (NLT) read:
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."

I was bowled over when I read this.

Yes, nothing should bring me down. This happened because of my carelessness, but it is ok, I'll just move on, and be more careful.

Romans 8:26 (NLT)
"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weaknesses.."

I have to remain vigilant.

No comments: