Monday, October 20, 2008

love the beach

Life has been all about the same things for some time, the usual things, work, school...bla. And then I realised a part of me was missing something when I saw a few people cycling past me one day.
THE BEACH!

I know people that absolutely hate the beach, but I also know people that adore the beach. One of my old classmates told me he hated the beach because he thinks it was full of hidden dangers. I don't quite like the idea of lounging on dirty, littered sand and soaking in murky grease-covered waters, but being able to be out in the sun roller-blading/cycling and then idling the day hearing and watching the waves definitely perks me up!

I'm not sure how my love for the beach happened, but it started even when I was a kid - I put together a gathering at the beach for my birthday when I was only twelve! When I went to secondary school, I remember having beach outings many many times.

Over the years, I had lesser time to go to the beach. Before I started working, I had a few opportunities to jog to East Coast Park from my home and then sunbathe for awhile. That got a little lonely and I had lesser motivation to do that again.

Thank God for last Saturday's gig at Sentosa, I had a chance to visit the beach again! The gig was in the evening, I was so excited I woke up real early for a run before heading over to Sentosa. And the visit to the beach, was GOOD! I am definitely looking forward to more beach outings.

real excited on the tram to Sentosa. checkout the cool effect in the background (No DI involved!)


We start by cycling. Mr Sunflower has improved in his cycling!




and then the beach!





Basking in the sun...






And it rained for a while.



and then we're off to Summer Party for the gig. In the pic is EIC playing.




Now I'm dreaming of a holiday on Waikiki beach....hmmm

No comments: