Monday, October 06, 2008

Dangerous heels this season

I have never been a heels person. I swear by Vans and Onitsuka Tigers, if I can help it.
I could never understand the excitement of friends that shriek at the thought of Charles & Keith sale, or why they would spend on sky-high Nine West heels. I also wondered why women could get pairs and pairs of shoes week after week.

Then something happened. I became a woman. (sort of.)

My wardrobe became less androgynous, less kid-punk, and more feminine. I needed pumps, heels and sandals fit for the ladies to go with different looks: corporate, boho, lolita, rock-glam, sweet and more. I would never know what unexpected surprises could spring forth, thus that gave me an excuse - to buy more shoes.

Since the start of this year, I've had at least 7 new pairs of footwear, including running shoes. It is a personal record for me, since I've never been a shoes person at all. However, as I recall, only two of these are real heels, only barely two inches each. I could never walk properly, or rather I don't have enough balls(not that I have any) to wear anything more than 2 inches.

And despite its calf-lengthening qualities, I doubt any of these killers will come under my feet anytime soon. Even models trip on them! Watch models fall - here and here.

I've been seeing quite a few impossible-to-walk-in heels on magazines/sites lately. Here are some of them:

This pair from Dior looks ok with a rather full base, but is it really that stable? (from Geometricsleep.com)


Love the color palette and wavey lines from Miu Miu this fall, but it seems models have problems with balancing on the front of their feet. (from Geometricsleep.com)






Again, this piece from Louis Vuitton might trigger imbalancing due to unstable front base. Check out the behind! Killa! (from blog.theshoegoddess.com)







Ehm, Mr Marc Jacobs, the heel is reversed.
(thebudgetbabe.com)


Erhm,...Can meh? Marc Jacobs (shoewawa.com)





This is an even more unbelievable pair from Antonio Berardi! No this is not a camera trick. (getglamorous.blogspot.com)



Victoria Beckham is walking on those Anotonio Berardi! (hrfashion.com)

(hrfashion.com)




How do these amazing women strut around in their heels! I suffered a severe ankle sprain once when I scrambled down half a flight of stairs. That was a nightmare. And these heels above, these are absolute nightmare!

No comments: