Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bee the best you can Bee

Watched Akeelah and the Bee today with my cell. Motivating movie.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Though I was already impacted when I read this statement before in Ian's blog some months ago, it did not make me feel I have to do something about it until now. I've been busy... so busy that I've become complacent. I've stopped thinking about achieving the best, most of the time getting by the numerous activities each day. Today, when I heard this statement on the movie again, there was a push from the Holy Spirit.


Why, why have I stepped back? Why have I not given my best? Is it because there is a fear that when you do so, people will look at you in a different way?


But truely, as the quote says, "Who are you not to be?"
We are to "walk worthily of God, who (has already called) you into his own Kingdom and glory" (1 Thess 2:12)


We strive, not so that we may get the approval of men, but we are living vessels for Him.
1 Thessalonians 2:4
"But even as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News, so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, who tests our hearts."


I remember Bro Boon once challenged us to be one who constantly gets the "Since when?" question from others.
"Since when you became such a great performer?"
"Since when you became so wise?"
"Since when you became so excellent in the things you do?"
"Since when you became a leader?"
"Since when..Since when?"


There is a need to constantly stretch our limits, to break into the realm of the "once-impossible".
There is a need to constantly renew our minds, in order to move from glory to glory.

No comments: