Saturday, June 24, 2006

He assured me

A beautiful Saturday morning I woke up
Not with a grouch nor with a sigh
I opened my eyes to be greeted by the beauty of His presence in my life
There was no hurry to get to work
There was no alarm to chase me off the bed
Just the sound of the chirping birds
Oh, FOR ONCE I could wake up late!

Out I went, nestled on the cosy sofa
my dad came by to ask me about some stuff
the conversation moved on
he shared with me
The years he's sacrificed to make things happen
The fears he's prevented us from having because he toiled hard to earn

I listened intently
I stared at his wrinkles, admiring
I've never felt so proud of my dad before

I'm sorry dad
I never took the time to hear
After 19 years
I've finally learnt
you're a respectable father, one whom I must cherish.
____________________________________


Just in my last post I mentioned about how much I cried during last week's father's day sermon because I've never felt loved by my dad.

Pastor preached that fathers should give attention, assurance, affection and approval to their child. I was seriously sad that Sunday, after hearing that sermon, because I've not experience any of those from my dad.

BUT the Lord is good, He knows this emptiness in me, and one week later, I find myself having this conversation with my earthly dad. There are so many things that I did not know about.. So much he's given to ensure my siblings and I were brought up well. WOW.

And God really assured my dad's love for me through this one coversation.

LOVE my Heavenly Father and my dad.




Countdown: 13 more weeks to end of internship

No comments: