Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Be Bold, Be Daniel

It's been more than two weeks since I've last written..
For the past weeks, I've been scrambling from place to place, coping with a few hours of sleep daily. The deadly stress infection has since happily peppered themselves over my forehead, forming what u call pimples.
Though it seemed impossible to me when I look back now, but YES, I have survived and EMERGED stronger.

By His grace, these things happened in the last two weeks:

- I managed to put together an appreciation dinner for my Singapore Youth Science Festival committee, after tedious negotiations for venue and gifts. They loved the location and the food.
My supervisor and GM were pleased..

- Perform different 6 sequences for launch of sports beverage, Activade. Out of which the six, three I've never done in my life. It was totally a miracle for me to have even memorised these in the midst of my busy schedule, but thank God, the gig turned out well.

- Chiong all the sessions for Emerge! (except for one which I woke up late, that is)
Also honoured to play on the new UDMs for the opening and finale night...
Beyond the colorful lights and water that supposedly make us look good or "glam", we were not there just to perform, nor to hype up the congregation. We were really there, as ministers to the congregation. It was not about the strokes, nor how good everything looked, it was the spirit that we carried, the spirit of joy and passion, the spirit of God, most importantly.
______________________________________________

Emerge was awesome.
Pastor has never failed to shock us again and again, and this time I was really shocked when Kelly Poon was introduced on stage. Then Junyang, then TAUFIK!!!

Taufik was ssooooooo HAWT. urhm. ok sidetrack.
yeap. you're reading this right. They performed at church.
For the religious, this would be totally ridiculous.
For the Elohim-spirit(creative spirit) led, this was a bold move that worked wondrous ways.
On one hand, it was an opportunity that these celebrities would be open to the house of God and experience the goodness in it.
On the other, it was a reminder/inspiration to the congregation that with His word and Him, we're even able to even do exceedingly, above what these celebrities have done.

God has given this church the vision to be in the marketplace, and the leaders have taken many shockingly bold steps in the course of following this vision. Steps that risk controversy, steps that many rather avoid to accomodate to the standards of the world. I'm so proud of them.
________________________________________________

15 weeks to end of attachment


This link is for the coverage of the National Youth Leaders Conference (previous post.)http://youth.sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=794&Itemid=28

No comments: