Friday, March 10, 2006

Rock Climbing

I went rock climbing today with Liting, Rallen, Brina.
I expected it an entire day of sweltering climb under the burning sun... hence before I left the house I smeared furiously blobs of sunblock on my already chao-tah-ed arms and face.

I found myself in dismay when I stepped into the air-conditioned ClimbAdventure in Tanjong Pagar, located amidst the high-rise office towers.

For goodness sake, it was not what I pictured at all.
No sweaty, smelly bodies in action, no glaring sunlight, NOPE.

A bunch of kindergarten kids were having fun cheering their peers and teachers who were on the ropes, climbing.

For $2.50, it was indeed a great place to hang out, literally.

I managed to complete 3 climbs... I think. Other than that, I tried a few more, but unsuccessful attempts. The fingers were really aching after each attempt.

Salute to Liting, she completed her humour 5! She completed that wall using 5 pieces, despite the problematic last piece, which was way out of reach. But she kept trying....I would have given up.
Enjoyed climbing! =)


Was reading my good friend's blog and I came across one of her latest post...

"It's okay. Try again."

It's the most reassuring thing Jesus can say to me right now. I was reading Max Lucado and he was using an example of rock climbing. How we climb the wall of life towards our upward call and sometimes, we get intimidated by the height, or we get distracted and we slip and fall. We will never crash all the way to the floor cos' there will always be the guide or the instructor or my Jesus holding us up, urging us to try again.

Sometimes, all we need is for someone to believe in us.

I'm glad God believes in me. What credentials do I have? Nothing. Yet God says that He only think good thoughts towards me, thoughts of hope and a future for me. And even if we failed the 293093284th time, He will not unwaver in His faith towards us. Amazing right?

This. Is. Love.

______________________________

Yup.
There are some pieces on the wall that we come across on the wall that might be too hard to get to... and at this point thoughts of giving up would appear to distract you..but we need to keep persevering in order to get to the next level. Knowing that whatever the next step might lead us to, Jesus is still there, holding on to us.

No comments: