Sunday, March 26, 2006

Life song

Casting Crowns - Lifesong

Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight


May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

Lord I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet

So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You

______________


Was deciding between P.O.D, Building 429, Mercy Me and Casting Crowns and somehow I decided to grab Casting Crowns to the cashier.

Tore open the plastic wrapping this morning after much effort.
I'm so glad I settled on Casting Crowns!

There is a foreword before the lyrics of every song, and the foreword for Lifesong says:

".....My life purpose is to give God glory through everything I do.
If my life does not worship Him, my songs don't either."


This line hit me.

It's not about how high we jump or how happy our faces look during praise and worship.
It's not about the number of times we shout Hallelujah.
It's not about the beautiful words of praise in the songs.

Let my praises rise up to You as a sweet aroma from the frankincense
I don't just wanna say words that are sweet..For honey is sweet but produces a foul smell when burnt.

I come before You.... with nothing in my hands.
Dirty, and ugly, like the frankincense
I give You all I am,
let the Spirit come and burn me on once again so that my life can produce a sweet aroma unto You.
Galatians 2:20
"It is no longer I who live, but Christ that lives in me. And the life which I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me."

No comments: