Sunday, October 09, 2005

the days of the Swollen Ankle shall come to past... pt 2

Some Singaporeans are too blinded by self. This is might be a sweeping statement, but at least to me, this 50-something to 60s uncle, being overwhelmed in reading his Today's newspaper on bus 36, was blinded by his own needs.

On a typical weekday morning, the smartly dressed and eau de toilette - wearing office workers would pack bus 36 as most of them are going to the CBD to work. On this very day, I hopped onto the bus on my bandaged wrapped ankle, and settled my butt on this seat along the aisle, for easy getting off from bus later.

The crowds began to pack and I found myself smelling into the fresh edition of Today in my face. The uncle, who was standing at the aisle beside me, rested his entire left forearm on the black thingy behind our heads attached to the seat (whateva u call it, definitely not a headrest). He rested his entire forearm to hold the Today paper better. As a result, the paper was perpendicular to my face (if my face was a straight line, that is), leaving me with about 3 centimetres of headroom? Ahh, now I know the importance of having headroom outside photography.

Maybe what he did was a blatant hint to tell me he needed the seat more than me. But like I said earlier, his eyes were always down, down at the papers, but failed to see my bandaged foot. After some time, I couldn't stand it. I gave him a blatant hint too. I bent forward and reached for my itchy foot. After the second attempt, he finally reacted and closed the papers. He looked down, saw my foot, glimpsed at me and kept his papers.

Finally.

No comments: