Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Don't smoke it breaks my heart

Don't smoke it breaks my heart

I finally understood why as a kid I used to complain against my Dad to my mom when he smoked. Not because I wanted to get favour from my mom, but I actually love my Dad so much, I didn't want him to hurt himself by smoking.

Today I saw something that I shouldn't have. It broke my heart. I was at the bus stop accross the road from TP when I saw that familiar figure. According to my astigmatic vision observed his gestures to be lighting up a cigarette. He was accross the road, at the bus stop opposite where I was. Frantically, I took out my specs and fitted them to confirm if what I saw was really happening. To my shock, it was really him. Lighting up a cigerette as he walked out the campus towards the bus stop. My heart broke at that instant.

Images of past events flashed through and questions were raised in my head. I thought that he had ever said that he would never smoke. It simply hurt me, especially the thought of how often he would have picked up that life-damaging butt these days.

Well, it's none of my business now. I still care, but what will happen, will. I will just continue to keep my smoking friends in my prayers. Friends, if you're reading this, it's not that I love irritating you with sarcastic remarks about smoking. From the bottom of my heart, you matter to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh.. my modem's spoilt.. it's kinda irritating man I can only use Darling Denise's lappy like now, or use the overcrowded comp labs.

No comments: