Sunday, March 06, 2005

Healing is for today

Healing is for today

I experienced the power of the Lord today. Been suffering from ailments in my left knee joint for quite some time due to old injuries from basketball..On certain days I would be fine, having the ability to run and jump and hop and race down stairs with no difficulty at all. But on some days, it was impossible for me to even go after a bus that was less than 8 metres away. For the past few days, the knee pains struck. I was unable to race down the stairs from my block like I always do. Well, I still went with Karen to her first workout at California gym anyways. Ran, (funny but I still ran a effortless 2.4km), did some weights. (I think I ought to punish myself cos I shouldn't even run with a condition like that. It probably causes my knee to deteriorate.)

Anyway, my knee continued to hurt after gymming and walking down each step summoned an ache that warned of a worn out knee. Finally, we were at church and having praise and worship. It just felt weird, cos I wasn't able to jump like other days. The knee was a hindrance; it kept me from going high singing praises to the Lord. In my heart, I secretly hoped that God's power would move and heal me by the end of service. Goodness. It turned out today's message was about healing, to prepare for the upcoming Benny Hinn crusade this following weekend.

At the end of service, Pastor Kong wanted us to pray for healing for the people around us. I lifted my hand so that I could be prayed for. Fanny and Karen and others all came to me and laid hands on my knee. We started praying in tongues and immediately I felt the power of God fall upon me. I began to cry and I felt my left knee was cold. I was excited and truly touched by the presence of God as the tears continued to flow. I was positive God had healed me. After their hands left my knee, I bent my knee. It didn't feel like before, at all! I jumped. I COULD JUMP. Praise the Lordddddd!!!
It was wonderful. God moves. In the atmosphere of faith. Thank you Jesus. For by your 40 stripes, all diseases has been borne, and now healing shall come!

Wow. If this happened in a normal service, then there's more to come next week when Benny Hinn comes. I can't imagine. The power of God will be manifested before our eyes. People, if you need healing, or know of somebody that does, do come down to the Indoor Stadium this Friday or Saturday night. I can't wait.

No comments: