Saturday, January 22, 2005

The gloom tune


To leave this place, I took a step of faith
Once it brewed with the passion of two
A space of still air, a dark pit of gloom.
Stripped naked of clothes and thoughts
Leaving them all behind, including the shared dream we fought for.

What seemed common revealed disparities
No hesitations made to resolve uncertainties
We made our depart to go separate ways
Little did I know, my soul was trapped behind
It was trapped beneath the sheets, confused by the change in climate, cold lifeless air.

During the loneliest nights, the howling wind carries the voice from the gloomy room
Torments recycle as I drown myself in the same old tunes

With divine courage and heavy steps that charged back to the abandoned place where my soul lingers
the musty sheets I pulled and flung away with all brutal strength

The tunes died, my soul revived.

Been a long time since I felt so poigant to write a poem.

No comments: