Sunday, June 29, 2008

What's in a puff that leaves me wanting


What's in a puff that leaves me wanting
Bugging my head all day and night
to have a smoke whilst a fear of getting hooked

Is it worth the burn
Hole in the pocket, burnt
a clean pair of lungs, burnt

It shall keep me sane
Comes later, the pain

the staple of the day
When I'm alone and bored
When I'm with company to hide my insecurity
When I lost all hope i cross my fingers the lighter doesn't fail

If only the world would breathe it
If only it would not hurt me and leave a stench
If only it would take away all the worries in that moment of lightness

What's in a puff that leaves me wanting
When I hadn't even held a stick between 'em fingers

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hey cigarettes wouldn't take away all the worries in that moment of lightness. But you feel good when ya drinking and smoking and it help you get peace.. Peace in life.. but no matter what, you can try but don't get hook. You will be monitored..

Unknown said...

thanks dan... i decided to not touch em for now ha. hope things get better