Monday, June 30, 2008

Evening out at Siglap


Decided on Siglap for dinner. We went ahead not knowing what to find, nor expect.. and landed here in this Japanese restaurant - It looks like a set from a Japanese movie! We stepped in, we feel so jap in here! There were also small little rooms where guests could be seated on the floor. Wish I had photos of those.


We had a sushi set for dinner. Ray, who doesn't eat raw fish, had some scrumpilitious sashimi on rice for the first time!
Each wasabi-embellished piece sent burning sensations up my nose, but I enjoyed nonetheless.


Next, we went two shops down to The Cheesecake Cafe. We felt so indie, enjoying life like that - a luxury when both of us are always so busy. Me with work, studying, drumming stuff and catching up with old friends, Ray with NS, his drumming stuff and art projects. I guess it's a good date - and we secretly want to live an indie life like this together... Like John Lennon and Yoko Ono. ha. But neither of us shall die young. Choy...



looking at this photo I took of Ray, it reminded me of another photo. It seemed we have the same smile in these two photos ahaa...my tian we look so similar.



And I guess that will be my last luxury of the month, as my expenses have gone outta control last month and there's an upcoming paper to mug for. I need more dough!!!


Anybody needs a freelance events person, graphic designer or writer?




2 comments:

Dan said...

Hey.... hell yeah .. more dough!!.. That's my word man.. haha.. More dough, more chicks.

Jeremiah said...

This was a cute post. It's good you had a chance to enjoy yourselves.
And in response to the music things we were talking about, I think some people are completely capable of balancing different genres of music, such as secular and christian, however in my life i've noticed that it's hard for me to balance. If I begin to listen to secular music it draws me away from God.
And you certainly are capable of being on fire for God. Just seek Him daily and let His Holy Spirit fill you.
God Bless you on your journey.