Friday, April 14, 2006

The Scarlet, boutique hotel

The first week of my attachment has been quite alright... other than having problems to wake up early and having to deal with an identity crisis.

Official time for work is 7:45am - 5:15pm, but working hours can extend beyond that depending on whether you get your work done.

I'm not just a kid now, I'm not just a student, I'm an adult, I'm a PR person for *****. It got me really stressed up knowing that there are various events coming up that I would have to organise.... and ***** being a huge MNC gets approached for many sponsorship requests...I would have to reject these, some of which seem desperate to me.

But I know it's gonna be fun!
Going out to events and meeting BIG people.
Scary.

Gotta stretch my mind and think myself in terms of the bigger picture....

We had department lunch at The Scarlet on Wed....
It's the most wonderful place I've ever been to!
The place is red and black and all velvety!


We stood at the door, and this man opened it, for a moment I thought it was Count Dracula.

He is huge and very tall, dressed in a long trenchcoat.

"Hi y'all", he said.

I stepped into the lobby and my eyes opened wide. "I love this place, it's red and black", I chirped. In the lounge area divided into portions with different themes, there were huge vintage armchairs and florrid deco.

We were transported to another world. You feel sensuality oozing from the atmosphere surrounding.

It was a set lunch $28 per person, paid by the company.

The food was really good, appetiser/soup, main course and dessert.

But too bad I didn't take any pictures of any.

And I lou-saied the next day, green yucky stuff. My colleagues didn't though.

The toilet was pretty.

If anyone has money lying around looking to pamper yourself or family or friend(s), this is the place.

http://www.thescarlethotel.com/#

Got the pictures off their website.

SERIOUSLY, the pictures don't tell alot. You have to be there to experience it.

It's a haven to feel pampered.

No comments: