Monday, April 03, 2006

3 stitches in my eyebrow

I've never seen so much blood in my hands before.

The dent on my forehead, did I break my skull?
No I can't let it bleed anymore.
Did the impact affect my eyesight?
I looked ahead, my vision was clear.
I need an ambulance. I need to get home. My parents need to know.

I walked.
The two men were having a chat at the void deck. They looked at me as I walked past with my right hand pressing on my temple.
Don't look at my bloody mess, I thought in my heart.
Somebody please bring me home now.
A malay couple walked past me... I turned back..holding my wound in grimace
"Excuse me, can you please bring me to my home..I live on the 8th storey?"

The lady took my arm and held me as her boyfriend walked ahead swiftly.

They asked me if I was beaten up.

"No...I fell."

My heart raced with my feet down the steps as we approached my unit.

"Mom. I fell down and am bleeding. Need to go hospital."

Her answers were the most perplexing shouts and screams you wouldn't want to hear at 1am, especially when you have a bleeding head.

I thanked the Malay couple briefly and they left.

(in Mandarin)"Don't play drums anymore, so many things've happened since u play drums."

My heart burned with frustration.. "Please bring me to the hospital now."

She was flustered... went to the kitchen, brought me a few pieces of cotton.

So we went.

I was calm and knew what to do until her repeated accusations made tears surface.
It's not the drums.

I went ahead and made registration at the counter.. and there it goes.. the long wait at the hospital before treatment.

I just needed to rant and cry.

I blamed myself for being careless.
The funny thing is that I knew I shouldn't have gone out. There was no peace in my heart. Even when we got on the train, there was something in me that asked me to go home and not hang out. Despite the turmoil in my heart, I decided to defy it and go anyway.

And another thing is, I met my 14 year old niece in the morning and happened to look at her scar below the eyebrow and wondered to myself how she got it.

So now I know, that was the Holy Spirit speaking and telling me not to hang out. I chose to disobey it and with that I had to bear the consequences of a broken eyebrow.

Lord, I thank You for Your protection, that I didn't suffer a broken skull or injure my eyes.

e269, thanks for your concern and praying in the middle of the night when u heard about my accident.

Mom Dad, thanks for going to hospital with me and staying with me until 4am.

Kaili, thanks for hearing me rant and comforting me on the phone during my long wait at the hospital.

The malay couple, thanks for bringing me home..I can't imagine what would have happened if I met some crook.


Will need to go to polyclinic everyday to dress the wound.. and the stitches would be removed on Saturday.

No more nice eyebrows my mom said.

No comments: