Saturday, May 24, 2008

industry slaves

get plastic get nasty
oh what's the harm to just look pretty
get fake get made-up
oh who cares, I've got limelight on my face
get loud get attention
oh spending till I'm broke to have logos on tha bag

look gorgeous feel important
a pretentious gathering that makes merry
glamour, photowalls and catwalks - you can't get enough
its addiction to the endless socializing, champagne & parties
use lingo like "the new black" & "passe"
silent aspiration to be what is seen in glossy magazines

you gotta love us, or hate us
trendchasers and brandwhores

don't pity us, we pity you

we'd rather look good than be sorry
we're never getting outta this

------------------------




I'm definitely not referring to myself in this, just having a lot of thoughts after a long chat with a fellow colleague.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good as always in your para-tries. (parables+poetry) haha.

and finally you've updated your blog.

webs all over it.

lol.


JR-t