Monday, May 23, 2005

Be still.

Be still.
Just want to share a revelation that I received the other day...

I was praying and I saw a vision of peaceful waters and a dove flying down gently causing ripples in the water.
In my heart I was thinking, "ok, so dove is the Holy Spirit...so what about the waters?..."
I prayed for God to begin to reveal to me what the vision signifies. Then I realised the waters is like our soul. In our life we have many dreams, desires, tasks and responsibilities. Often our soul is busy occupied with all these things, however, the soul that is busy and anxious is like waters that are full of boisterous waves.
Would there even be an impact when the dove gently comes upon the water?
Unless we quieten our soul and be still, then can we be so sensitive to the Holy Spirit that comes gently to move in our lives..
Be still..and know that He is in control.

Ps 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

No comments: