Thursday, April 07, 2005

Time to repay the debt of love

Time to repay the debt of love

I feel that for the past few weeks or even months, I have been like a living zombie. Going through day to day, completing tasks to tasks, meeting people and stuff, and yet, I don't feel fruitful. Though it has been really a priviledge to keep myself busy by serving God - going for choir practice, doing follow up on cell group members, making cards for new friends, making mallets for upcoming live recording and so forth, it did not feel fulfilling at all. There's something inside screaming for more.
And then I realised why I feel like a living zombie.
I did not put in any effort to build relationships with the people around me. That's why everything felt dry.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another as I have loved you..."



I need to learn to forsake my needs and desires and submit to this holy commandment. Love without any worries.
Sometimes we are afraid to love, because of our past rejections and hurts.

Nevertheless, the bible says that we are debtors of love. Romans 13:8 "Owe no one anything except to love one another."

Friends and family, sorry for not being showing more concern or giving you my time. Sorry if I appeared to be disinterested in anyway.
I really love all the people around me. But people don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care!
I need to sow into more lives.

No comments: