Wednesday, April 13, 2005

all in the name of fun.

A weekend of fun helped me understand myself better.
Singing away into the wee hours, when the rest of Singapore is asleep.
We laughed, we sang, we screamed, we danced...and drank**
Kept awake by the medication of happy atmosphere
Our bodies pushed to the limit yet our hearts rose to the occasion
it was more than a birthday, like a celebration of friendship after all



Crazy stunts we did, stupid acts we laughed ourselves at
performed to while the hours of boredom,
I climbed out of the windows, getting high on viewing Orchard Rd below

literally

grace was really not in my head then.



The drinks depleted, vibrance faded, faces wasted
leaving the place where another man's sleeping time was spent extravagantly
we roamed the cold street, which it brewed with much life in the day
we waited. to catch the first train, as the fatigue rumbled within.



Our hopes were shattered when the train arrived with its many passengers
We then realised, our foolishness, compared to these who were working the night away.
Sleep was really catching up on us, we were just stops away before we fignt no more.
We gave our goodbyes and wished the boy happy birthday.
We went our separate ways and I was alone again, like before I met them the night before.



The dawn broke as I walked a peaceful walk home.
A pang rose in my stomach. Not of hunger, but of the Spirit.
A sense of conviction, accompanied with grief.
All this, in the name of fun,
they laughed, they sang, they screamed, they danced...and drank
til all consciousness of reality is put away



Could they do this forever?



____________________________________________________________



**Yes, I took a few sips of alcohol before realising I am not 18 yet.
All because I'm used to drinking with my family at home.
Don't worry, I have told my cellgroup leader about it and
I have gone through discipleship. =)
I've taken up the challenge to not take alcohol at all, even at home
.



Yeah, I had fun, but it was meaningless, cept the part about spending time together and appreciating one another.
Nevertheless, here are some shots of our happy moments..






this is so SHE. ughh.


BOYCOTT ALCOHOL!



sha la la. I think thats all. I just want to be holy child of God.

No comments: