Monday, July 28, 2008

Memorable quotes from The Dark Knight

I'm a big fan of action and comic movies, some of my favourites include The Matrix, Spiderman and X-MEN.

Now one more to add to my HOTlist: The Dark Knight



The action-packed movie blew off my mind with not just the intense scenes and impressive character plays, but also with its downright clever scriptwriting and this is boiled all the way down to the witted play on words.

I had to review the quotes again. So, gotten off the site imdb.com, here are some of those remarkable quotes from the movie:

  1. Gamble: [to The Joker] Give me one reason why I shouldn't have my boy here rip your head off.
    The Joker
    : How about a magic trick?
    [
    pulls out a pencil and sticks it upright into the table]
    The Joker
    : I'm gonna make this pencil... disappear.
    [
    Gamble's thug walks over to kill The Joker, who pushes his face into the pencil and kills him]
    The Joker
    : Ta-daa! It's... gone!

  2. The Joker: If you're good at something, never do it for free.

  3. The Joker: [to police officer] Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the...little..emotions. And..you see..in their last moments...people show you who they really are. So, in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which one of them were cowards?

  4. Harvey Dent: The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming

  5. Harvey Dent: You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain

  6. [The Joker holds Rachel Dawes out of a window]
    Batman
    : Let her go.
    The Joker
    : Hmm.. Very poor choice of words.
    [
    The Joker lets her drop as he laughs maniacally]


From these quotes, we can see most of those that impressed me were from Joker. I watched Batman on TV as a child, but never quite love it because to me, Batman was just a dark sombre cartoon. It was a tad too serious, and Joker was just another villain. Watching Heath Ledger take on this role, brought Batman to a whole new level for me. I saw beyond the villain role, into the manic emotional side of the character and what drove him to it, and I actually enjoyed seeing him venture in his dark deeds.


I have not watched such a great movie in ages. The Dark Knight has all my thumbs and toes up!


No comments: