Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Into adulthood

It's my last day at work today and I'll be moving on to a permanent job at brandedlifestyle.
No more am I just a student. I'm still studying at SIM in the evenings, of course, but I'm now considered a working adult who has to be responsible for all my expenses and bring dough to the family.

In the past, I could overspend and get allowances unashamed. Now, I feel the pressure of adulthood - bills, survival, going somewhere in life. Gone are the days when I can idle my time freely - Its gonna be a struggle waking up in the mornings to work and keeping awake late at night to do assignments. Nevertheless, I believe it is going to be another time of stretching my capacity and learning better time management.

Indeed all good things come from God, and I think this job opportunity as a marketing assistant was sent because of prayers.

2008 also draws a transition in the area of my relationship with Rallen as he is in the army now. Since we're not able to meet/talk freely as before, it is a time we grow independent of and dependent of each other at the same time. We're no longer dating teens, but it has become a relationship that embraces long-term commitment. I really do miss him though.

In the area of family and friends, I am also determined to make time out to build relationships.

I really look forward to this year... friends, keep me in prayers that I'll do well in studies and work!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup working / adult life is tough, the transition can be shocking and honestly after working for like 3 months since December, I'm still not used to waking up early in the morning, rushing to meet datelines at work, having so LITTLE time to chill and hang out with friends.. nobody said it was easy, noone ever said it would be this hard - coldplay

But God is good, He gives me the desires of my heart, the favour of men in the work place, and greater dreams of greater things.

its not about making money to pay the bills, scraping by each week with just enough. neither is it about saving money for buying house and starting a family (though it IS important if yr relationship w Ray is serious and I think it is!) or climbing up the ladder of success.

its about embracing your destiny in Christ. going all out in the marketplace, in ministry n everything you do.

i'm glad to see u n ray maturing as a couple, helping out in SF / drumfest continually n studying n working. simply an amazing testimony of God's power in u. =)

Unknown said...

wow.. thank you for your encouragement!... i wonder who this is? do let me know haha
cheers

Anonymous said...

Yeah Julia, i believe you can.

Just like what i am going through now.

heh God is always good :) Gambatte in your work and school, you will not be shortchanged :)

Yong Qiang LIEW said...

jiayou, mrs sunflower!

haha. :)