Thursday, August 24, 2006

I fainted, but I was prepared for it



I fainted, the second time in my life.
The funny thing is, my mom didn't believe me when I told her I was going to faint.

After months of not touching my drumset, I found the opportunity to whack them again last night, since I was home early for once.

I played for about 15 mins when I got so fed up with the high-hat I decided to adjust it. To my frustration, I loosened the screw and the entire middle rod dropped into the stand, nowhere to be found. I held up the stand to get the rod out, when the careless me lost grip of the top cymbal, and "CHANG!" it crashed onto my little toe.

Immediately I looked down to check if my toe was still intact. Thank God, it didn't get cut off by the thin edges of the cymbal. I moved out from the drum throne.. and lo, blood was gushing out, dripping all over my mommy's previous marble white floor.

WAIT wait a minute. What has this gotta do with me fainting?

I limped briskly from the room, across the living room and kitchen to the toilet, blood dripping all over.

By the time I was in the toilet, my vision blurred.
It was like the first time I fainted.
Dark spots, blinding lights. I held onto the toilet door...

"Mom, is it lose too much blood, think I'm going to faint."
"No la..won't faint la.."

I prayed in my heart, "Lord, help me don't let me fall."

Slowly I lean against the door, sat down. And fainted.

And I woke up. Nobody knew. -_-"

But I'm feeling fine already... I keep laughing at myself, so accident prone.

At the same time, I know its the devil getting me distracted and careless, so that I will hurt myself and not be able to perform etc.
I find that time and time again, I've gotten myself into all these stupid accidents
and sometimes I feel really URGH.
But that is also a result of me not being alert.

I need to pray for protection, a sharp mind and better body control.

On a lighter note, this must be a sign... A sign to get new hardware or new drumset. Muahahaha.

_____________________________________________
5 more weeks to end of attachment
Weeeee~~~



No comments: