Monday, February 27, 2006

Pursue the future, moving on from the past

Exams are finally over!!
And I wouldn't have to touch those textbooks until at least September!

Weeeee.
Attachment is starting on April 10.
This means I have about 6 weeks of break!

And the meeting with Ps Ulf really came in time, to define my vision for the future.
Thank God I went for all three days, because He preached about calling on the last day.

It was tremendous, by the end of the meeting, tears ran down my face like a trickling watertap, dripping and wetting the chair in front of me.

I should let neither circumstances, finances, fear nor inadequacies get in the way of pursuing His calling.

I'm excited for this journey ahead.

Time to recharge my life, power up and serve my cellgroup more.
AND time to play drums!

_____________________________________________

Well anyway, I found something that brought me a smile while tidying my room.

This is written in my journal to my teacher when I was in sec 1 in 2000, and the topic was "Two things I've gained(since entering sec school)"

........"I also gained basketball skills, discipline and integrity. When I mean discipline, I meant that I have to learn to stop talking so much in class during lessons because I was caught "talking" during Mdm Cheng's lesson. We were having Chinese spelling and after that we had exchanged papers to mark, so I exchanged with Alison. Alison's paper was full of mistakes and (...) so she asked me if she had failed as we passed back the papers. At that moment, Mdm Cheng (became furious and) asked to go out of the classroom. Then she asked us to meet her at the staff room during recess. Both our names were highlighted in pink on the class list and she warned us that if we did that again, she will request for us to be suspended from basketball. I love basketball very much, so I cannot bear to leave it. ......."

And that resulted in quite a big understanding because we thought that our Chinese teacher were biased against basketball girls.
and there goes...."Oh...those were the days."
Miss training with them. Miss running up and down the stairs. Miss queueing at the water cooler. Miss changing from school shoes to basketball shoes after school. Miss putting hands together before matches to shout, "Sheng Zhong, OuuuSh!"
Miss the 2-1-2, 1-4, 3-2, 1-1-3 blaaah formations. LOL.
Miss the girls.
All the best to those collecting A level results on Wed!



No comments: