Sunday, July 17, 2005

conviction always comes in the late nights

The song I sing in the night
I sing to You Lord
My loneliest times
True worship rise, to You my King
Conviction comes, guilt never remains
Only lessons learnt
I learn, to hold on to an everlasting destiny
I'm so small, so insignificant
It's because of You that my worth's of importance.
I love You
I always will.

I went to Baybeats - the first and second night. Actually both nights were boring. But moshing during Surreal was inevitable. Once again, I returned home with muddy shoes and scratches from my leg. It was a great workout too. haha.
It was fun, but I couldn't see the meaning in moshing amidst all the people you don't know...
I was just another excited little kid in the crowd, whose presence there was redundant, like everyone else. (except that I can't say for this malay guy that actually pulled me up when I fell down during moshing. I could have been flattened by the stampede if he hadn't pulled me up. thanks sweets.)
There's just this sense of urgency inside, after returning home that night. No matter what I do, I must make sure that I am "leaving behind a legacy." (quote from Kaili) I'm not living for fun, for drums, for music.

Well you might be wondering what moshing actually is. if you're the spectator, what you would observe is people pushing each other and collective u see a blob of rhythmic mess. If you unluckily or luckily get in the midst of a mosh, you are being pushed around back and forth and all you know is you're in a mess. check out this link. http://members.aol.com/rik0lar/moshing/how2.htm

No comments: